Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy!

There is one thing that follows the word Dominic Hasek at our house, at least by me anyway. And that is "he sucks". Ok, I'm not usually for putting people down, and he was definitely a wonderful goalie in his time BUT HELLO his time has come and gone. Now I'm all for mature players, like Cheli for instance being able to maintain their game and play well for years beyond what others may think is normal. Captain America is in great shape though, and as far as I know doesn't forget to pay attention during a game and doesn't talk to pucks. This all leads me to the point that FINALLY someone seems to be paying attention.

When Hasek got pulled during the series my first thought was great, they'll put Ozzy in, then during the next game they'll switch him. Our son plays hockey and I'm always saying we just need to trust the coaches. And while I'm not directly involved with the Red Wings, we do feel at times while watching that we are involved. So I guess it's back to the saying of trust the coaches.

My husband can verify that I have been saying all year that they should just go with Ozzy. I just read yesterday, probably later than anyone else that Ozzy has been given the nod for the next round.

Some of you may think WHAT??? But around here it's time for the Wizard of Oz! GO OZZY, GO WINGS, GO SHANNY (oh, sorry, some habits are hard to get rid of!)

Incidentally, if you have been reading this blog you may have just seen the pictures of Flat Stanley at Lord Stanley park. I'm praying that is a sign of what is to come.



No comments: