Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Have you voted?

Loaded the kids in the car, took them to get a doughnut on the way so they'd have something to do while I voted. I've been warned that there would be long lines and a huge wait. Surprisingly there was neither. Of course that could be because at 9:00am many were already off to work.



I expected to see touch screens or the punch cards. Nope, I was handed a ballot and told to color in the bubbles. We are a nation with vast amounts of technology, and we color in the bubbles when we vote. I felt like I was taking the A.C.T. all over again. I colored in my bubbles faithfully though, and then took it up to a scanner to have it scanned in. The whole process took 15 minutes. Still I couldn't help laughing as I left. My 8 year old said he wished he could vote. I do too, one more vote for our choice couldn't hurt, but I just looked at him and said "maybe by the time you vote it will be digital!"



Happy voting. Go do it, it shouldn't matter how long it takes it's your right and your responsibility.

No comments: