Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week 1 of a Very HAPPY Summer

Summer is moving along.  Hard to believe we are on day 4 of being out of school. It feels good.  While not everything is going perfectly, yes my kids are still fighting, I've decided to try my very best to choose joy and be clothed in humility.  I could grumble and complain about all there is to do around the house. I know friends who would come over and ask me how I can say that, as our house "appears" neat, but trust me the mess is there, whether evident or not.  We all have mess, we all have responsibilities, we all have things that we want to do or should have done.  So, why grumble and complain.  In fact God is very clear in Philippians about doing everything without grumbling or complaining.  I certainly don't do that very well, but I'm working on it. 

Since my last post I have managed to clean our main bathroom.  The floor still needs done, and the tub rechaulked (aren't you glad to know that), but the cupboards are reorganized, the mess is thrown out and the surfaces are cleaned.  Also got the pantry, and linen cabinet done. The kids have been asked to go through t-shirts and pjs, and I checked, they did pretty good. Today is DESK day.  We all are going to go through our desks.  Kids aren't so happy about it, but that's just part of summer too.

Fun wise, we've camped in the backyard, went to the beach, went canoeing, bought a slip in slide for $6, made shakes, ate ice cream, and saw the new Madagascar movie!  Not bad for a list so far.  Even better we haven't spent all that much $$$ either. Today, as I write this at 10:15 am only one kid is awake, and she just woke up. 

We will continue to enjoy this summer, get stuff done and choose joy for our day.  It won't be perfect along the way, but we're going to keep moving forward.

Off to clean my desk, might even tackle my whole office!!! Then I'm thinking a walk with the dog sounds like a good way to take a break!

No comments: