Monday, May 27, 2013

Book Reviews: Book 35

Book 35: Cinnamon Girl by S.J. MacIver

Back when I first got my Kindle I started to download all the free books that seemed remotely interesting. This is one of the first I downloaded. Now having over 200 Free books on the Kindle it's hard to decide what to read first, so I came to the conclusion that if I can't make a decision I go to the book that I've had the longest. This was that book yesterday. It is an incredibly quick read, although I am recovering from being sick, so it could just be that I was taking the time to read.

The story is about Lacy, a reporter who has had her share of problems in the past.  She is doing a favor for a co worker when she discovers a dead body.  Quickly she gets wrapped up in the events that caused the body to be at the scene, and in the process she begins to get wrapped up with the sheriff's friend.

Mike has moved to this quiet town to pursue a different type of investigative work.  Having been shot in the line of duty, he now is trying to figure out what is next. His new friend Brian introduces him to Lacy.  Once they meet he isn't sure any more which way he should go.  The two, both being investigators in their own field, find themselves investigating crime as well as the possibility of a relationship.

What will end up happening?  It is hard to say, unless you read the book!

I'd give this book 4 stars.

No comments: