Saturday, April 11, 2015

Book 10 Living Well Spending Less

When I read non-fiction, I try to determine if I learned something along the way.  In this book I think the most important thing I learned is to look at my motives for spending money.  If I'm spending money to try to be happier, it will never happen.  We are blessed to have financial stability, something that is not easy for many people, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to work on that stability daily.  In order to do that we need to make choices on what really matters, and make sure we are following through on those choices.  It's easy to get your focus on just buying and worrying about the consequences later, whether you have money or not.  This book gives some great tips on budgeting, living within your means, finding your motivation and finding your direction.  I would HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who has never considered budgeting, or who just simply loves to shop too much!  Our houses should not be filled with stuff, they should be filled with love and what is important.  In this year of decluttering, my mini theme for the year, this was a perfect reminder of where my focus needs to be.
I'd give this book 5 stars!


No comments: