Wednesday, January 27, 2016

New Year...well at least it's still January!

Good morning world or at least those who may choose to wander onto this post.  I've missed writing, but life priorities don't always allow me the time I'd like to do that one extra thing.  Just the same, I may try to start fitting it in again.
So, what's been going on?! Well since my last post in April of 2015... a LOT!


1. Became the mother of 2 teenagers!!
2. Hired as the Music Teacher at Parma Heights Christian Academy
3. Celebrated our 19th anniversary!!
4. Started balancing working full time (yes, technically part time, but ask my fellow staff members I tend to forget it's suppose to be my day off and go in anyway!) being a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister, a friend...you get the picture!
5. Celebrated my 1 year anniversary with my nutritionist and down 110 lbs!!
6. Survived my first Christmas program with 154 students
7. Reached a new year with new goals
8. Restarted my focus on decluttering the house using http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com, declutter calendars...actually did this some last year so I've already crossed off items through March! Also reading
 and referring to http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net
9. Started these amazing workouts with Maureen Hausler who is a personal trainer who runs her Mofit business, and is encouraging, engaging and pushes her students to keep moving forward without making them feel like they are under pressure to do more than they are capable of.
10. Decided to try and get reorganized with writing again!!


That's where I'm at. I've allowed myself a few minutes today to start to kick this back off. We'll see what happens.  This fall a friend commented on my Facebook wall that they were still looking for my organization/home management book to come out. (haven't even written one!), but that inspired me to relook at my life and what I can accomplish and what I should accomplish everyday. I guess if that interests you then tune in. Hopefully the routine I've begun to create will inspire you in some way!

Today's Agenda:
Wake up earlier than normal (only by a minute- but hey I was out of bed at 6am, instead of hitting snooze and calculating how much longer I could lay in bed and still get my kids lunches together and them out the door!)

Spend time in the Word. As our youth pastor, Dan Adams, just preached on we need to be Scripturating! I've discovered getting up, even a couple minutes earlier has allowed me extra time to be in the Word and not feel rushed! Currently reading through Exodus with my First5app, and Job with http://womenlivingwell.org, and then recently the message at church was focused on the book of Romans, so trying to read through that as well. Usually only get through a chapter in all three books if it's my day off. I also use the youversion app and am following their pray through the daily verse plan right now.

Get kids off to school

Make a list of what I need to get done for home and work. Have jury duty in 2 weeks so need to write sub plans!! UGH! While on that topic, yes I know it's my civic duty, but, I know people who would love to do it, so could we have them called instead?!?

Workout in my Mofit class! Can feel my legs and arms burning already

Meet with my daughter's counselor to review the plan for classes for the next few years

Get stuff done around the house

Get dinner, homework and those things started before heading off to church

Help with choir practice tonight as the assistant director can't be there.

A pretty full day all things considered.

This is a day the Lord has made! I can choose to rejoice and move forward or grumble and complain. It's entirely up to me, and at least today, I'm ready to choose joy!!


No comments: