Friday, March 21, 2008

A Letter from Flat Stanley


Hello, Zachary! your friend Flat Stanley asked me to type this for him:



YO, Zachary! Flat Stanley here! I've been in Oregon the last week, visiting with Sandy Richards. She is a friend of your Aunt Barb and Uncle Chuck's. She met them a couple years ago when they were on a photo trip to the Galapagos Islands. They have huge turtles there, and funny birds and odd reptiles. They even saw penguins, even though it was 80 degrees ! Can you find the Galapagos Islands on your globe?
Hint: look west of Ecuador, in south america.


I like Oregon, but it's awfully wet here. It has rained almost every day. Here is a picture of me and Sandy on her deck overlooking her river. Sandy caught s little salmon yesterday, and we ate him for dinner. Salmon is delicious! But i think i like hamburgers and ice cream better.

We drove up to the top of Mt. Hood a few days ago. We wanted to take a picture there, too, but it was snowing so hard we couldn't see a thing! We read about Mt. Hood - it is part of the Cascade mountain range, and more Han 11,200 feet high.
Sandy was born in Toledo, not very far from you, and she visits her relatives there every year. She loves Lake Erie, but there are no mountains there.

Spring has almost come to Oregon! daffodils and crocuses are up, and the magnolias and rhododendrons are blooming. Finally, winter is over. By the time I get home to you, the flowers will be up there too.

Now I'm off for an other adventure!!! Sandy knows I have been to many countries with your Aunt Barb, and thought it would be fun for me to see ANOTHER country.
Can you guess where I'm going next? Here are some clues:

It is a VERY VERY big country. the west coast touches the pacific ocean, and the east coast touches the Atlantic ocean! The US has a president, but this country has a QUEEN ! The people love ice hockey much more than football. the symbol of the US is a Bald Eagle, but the symbol for this country is the Maple leaf.

I'll be visiting with Sandy's friend Geri there, and Geri will tell you more about her country when we write to you from there.

I miss you, Zachary, and I'll be home soon.

Love,

Flat Stanley
(typed by your friend, Sandy Richards)

No comments: