Thursday, October 9, 2008

Time Warner Cable Customer Service Perfection!

A year ago we spent two weeks in a row calling a cable company to find out if they would be offering NHL Center Ice. For two weeks we received various answers ranging from "what are you looking for", to "I've never heard of that", or even " I can't tell you if we will be offering that.". Finally, on the day before the season was to start we decided to quit messing around with this other cable company and to take out service with Time Warner Cable as they knew what Center Ice was and that they were offering it.
Now a year later I realize why we made a good decision. Tuesday, I noticed that we had received 2 phone calls from Time Warner. While we didn't have a message I could see on the caller ID that they had called. I didn't think much of it as my husband was planning on calling them later in the evening to see what kind of deal we could receive for a year long cable contract and to get us signed up for the Center Ice package as the NHL season was about to kick off. He locked in a decent price and the lady assisted him in getting the new package set up on our system.
Wednesday the phone rang, and I noticed on caller ID that it was Time Warner Cable. I thought to myself, they must be calling about the service we just added last night. (although they typically don't do that.) The person on the other end introduced herself and then proceeded to tell me that it had come to her attention that last year we had the NHL package and she would like to know if we were interested in having it again this year. "Well, we just signed up for it last night." I said. Surprised she asked if we had done that on line or via the phone. "My husband called in and spoke with someone, and we should be all set." We hung up and 10 SECONDS LATER the phone RANG. To my surprise it was....TIME WARNER CABLE!
Feeling a large sense of deja vu, I answered the phone....

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is _______at Time Warner Cable. I noticed that you had the NHL package last year and was wondering if you were interested in having it again this year"

"Well, funny you should ask, as I literally just hung up with someone from Time Warner. We signed up for it last night so we should be fine"

"Oh, well. Thank you for your (BEEP, BEEP...went my phone with another call coming in, give you one guess who it was.) time"

"Ok, bye"
I pushed the button to get to the other call and literally started to laugh.

"Hello, I'm not really laughing at you, but since you are the THIRD call in a row from Time Warner, I'm finding this a bit funny"
"
The third call?"

"Yes. I just had 2 calls from you offering to sign me up for Center Ice, which we signed up for last night"

"Oh, I'll make a note of that, is there anything else I can assist you with?"

"No, I think we're all set, thanks."

"Thank you"

SO here we are on Thursday. When, you guessed it the phone rings and its....drum roll please!

TIME WARNER CABLE

"Hello! This is _________ from Time Warner Cable. How are you today"

"I'm fine thank you"

" We have in our records that you carried Center Ice and the NHL package with us last year, were you interested in doing that again this year"

"Well, I'm glad you called to ask, but considering you are the 4th call regarding this since yesterday and we signed up for it on Tuesday night I think we're all set"

"Oh, thank you"

RING RING!
"Hello"

That's right it was TIME WARNER CABLE! Only this representative was quick on the ball, or maybe I should say puck since they were offering Center Ice!

"Hello, I'm calling from Time Warner Cable would you be interested in the Center Ice and NHL Package that you had last year?"

"We signed up for it Tuesday evening"

"Oh, I see that and you signed up for a lump sum bill, is that still how you wish to pay for it?"
Man I wish I had thought to say, well after getting 5 Calls from you I don't think I should have to pay for it...oh, well!

"Yes, lump sum would be great"

"Ok, if there is anything else we can do for you let us know."

I hung up and started laughing. I had a customer over for an all day Crop so I began to tell her about the last 5 phone calls when ...

RING RING RING

Who I wonder could it be, oh, look the phone ID says TIME WARNER CABLE

"Hello, are you calling to offer me the Center Ice and NHL Package"

"Uh, yes I was this is __________ from "

"Time Warner Cable, yes, I know. You see (please read the next part while trying hard not to die laughing!) we are so happy you called as you are the 6th one to call us in the last 2 days, and the 3rd in the last 2 minutes. The thing is we have signed up for Center Ice on Tuesday evening and we have already happily set the DVR to record the Wings game tonight (I forgot it was on VS but it makes the story better to think it was actually on Center Ice), anyway just so you know the Wings are going to Win this evening and we will happily be following the season on the Center Ice and NHL package that we signed up for already"

"Did you say 6 calls?"

"Why yes, I did"

"Oh, I'm sorry about that I'll speak to my manager about that."

"That would be greatly appreciated, you have a wonderful day and GO RED WINGS!"

Thus I do believe TIME WARNER CABLE deserves an award for either really being hockey fans or being money hungry and calling all who have ever signed up for the Center Ice Package. I'm not sure which it is, but YOU GO TIME WARNER I feel so well taken care of and YES I HAVE ALREADY SIGNED UP FOR CENTER ICE. If they call again tomorrow, I think I should be able to get the service for FREE!

No comments: