Sunday, April 11, 2010

Crossing the Atlantic

Flat Stanley having visited Washington DC has still been thinking about politics. He loved seeing the museums while in the DC area, so he decided that perhaps he should experience the Nation that many of our original settlers came from. Here is the email we received when he arrived on the other side of the Atlantic.
Dear Katelyn,
Flat Stanley here,
I've made it to England via the Royal Mail! After a brief stop at Buckingham Palace to visit the queen, where I received my new palace guard outfit, I took the Royal Mail Express and I reached my final destination, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, to visit with Mr. and Mrs. Stead. While there, I visited Mow Cop, which is the remains of an old castle that was built in 1754! I've also been to the Tunstall town square, and had the opportunity to taste the local dish, Oatcakes!

Mr. and Mrs. Stead are very active and took me to the gym to work out. Even though I'm flat, it's important to stay healthy and fit.

My visit here is coming to an end soon and I'll be on my way back to see you. Until then, take care!
Love,
Flat Stanley

No comments: