Friday, December 14, 2007

The Great Gift Search

Here it is December 14th and I'm on the great gift hunt. Normally, I have a list and know exactly what I'm looking for. This year has been a bit different. We made our list, I even took the kids to Toys R Us to look for things they might like. Then we divided up the list between their Aunt and 2 sets of Grandparents. That's why I'm stuck.

I love my kids, but they simply don't play all that much. They play pretend, they create contraptions and make up stories. That is wonderful play. It's great for their imagination and for them getting along. It just does nothing for the pile of Rescue Heros, legos, and Transformers in one room, or the entire doll house, polly pocket and Barbie toys in the other. I want my kids to have nice things, and toys to play with....but it's really hard to spend money when they don't seem to be all that interested in anything.

So...the dilemma is what to get, and of course where to get it. Like every other family it seems we've contemplated getting a Wii. Unlike many we're not in a dire search for one. If we should find one, we'll be happy but we're not out in line at 4 am to make sure we get one. If I knew we'd be able to get one the Santa shopping would be that much simpler. 1 girl and 1 boy game DONE. So...now what to do. I guess it's back to wondering the aisle of Toys R Us and searching for the just right gift. At least there are 4 mornings left before school is out. I should be able to find something between now and then. At least I hope I can.

Merry Christmas, hope your shopping has been easier!

On a good note, the decorations have been up since November 10th and the baking has been started, can't complain about those areas.

No comments: