Friday, February 1, 2008

Flat Stanley Goes AROUND the world!!!!!!

The following are letters from Flat Stanley!

Dear Zachary,
I have not written to you for a little while because I have been so busy traveling around the world without my laptop! Now, I am going to get caught up!
Here I am with my new friends, the airline attendents, on my way to the Middle East. I flew from St. Louis, with Aunt Barb and Uncle Chuck, to Minneapolis.
From there we caught a flight to Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. We then caught a flight to Dubai in the United Arab Emeritas. This photo was taken on the flight from Amsterdam to the UAE. We were flying at 38,000 feet high. The flight attendents said to say "HI" to my friend Zach! You will be hearing from me again very soon.
Love, Flat Stanley



Dear Zachary, Here is a photo of me with Aunt Barb and Uncle Chuck in Egypt. We flew from Dubai to Cairo, Egypt. We drove to a wonderful place called Giza, the site of the world's great pyramids. They are awesome to see in person. Some of the pyramids in Egypt were constructed 4,000 years ago. We traveled in Egypt for 8 days. I will send you another photo of me with our guide very soon. Aunt Barb, Uncle Chuck and I have a great time traveling together. We wish you and your family could be with us.
Good-bye for now. Love, Flat Stanley


Dear Zach, I want you to see a photo of me and my new friend, Sahara. Her name is pronounced like the great African desert, which is the largest desert in the world.
Sahara and I are standing in front of the Sphinx, which is the biggest and best preserved in the world. This sphinx is located south of Cairo, Egypt. I love traveling all over the world and seeing new and awesome sites and learning about new cultures. Love, your friend, Flat Stanley


Dear Zach, I have traveled to a Middle Eastern country called Oman. It is located south of the United Arab Emeritas. This photo is of me and my new friend, Abdullah, in the desert of Oman. Oman is a beautiful country of 2.5 million people. 100% of the population are Muslim, aka Islamic. They are peaceful, kind and caring people. They have been so nice to me. Instead of a president to run their country, they have a sultan. He loves the people and has helped this country to be a "shining star in the Middle East." I hope you can come here someday and see this for yourself. Your Aunt Barb would love to come back here again. I love traveling and meeting wonderful new people. Good-bye for now. Your friend, Flat Stanley

Dear Friend Zachary, I have had a great time going to a goat market with Aunt Barb and Uncle Chuck. The location is the desert city of Nizwa, in the country of Oman. The people come here to sell their goats. In this photo, Uncle Chuck is introducing me to some of the goats that will be sold at this market. All of the men wear something on their heads at all times. THey wear the little hats when it is warm and turbans when it is colder. They long outfits are called dishdashahs. Everyone here has been so nice to me.
Also, they take good care of their goats, which makes me happy because I love animals. Uncle Chuck helps Aunt Barb by carrying her camera equipment on his back. Sometimes I ride in the camera case. It is fun to be in there with all of the lenses. I hope you will come here someday. Love from Flat Stanley

Hello Zach, Now, I am in Amsterdam, Holland in the Netherlands at the International Airport. Aunt Barb and her friend, Sue, who is from New York City, are holding me while Uncle Chuck photographs me. The concourse that our airplane is on is called "Holland Boulevard" after the country we are in. That is cool. I would like to come back to Holland someday to see the tulips and windmills in the Springtime. Well, it is time to get on board our airplane now for the 10 1/2 hour flight to the USA. More later. Love, F.S.

Dear Zach, Here we are in Amsterdam, ready to go down "Holland Boulevard" to get our flight back to the USA after nearly three weeks in Egypt. the UAE and Oman.
Must hurry to catch the flight. The woman helping Aunt Barb hold me is Sue, a friend from New York City. See you back in the USA. Love, F.S.


Hi Zach, Here I am just before landing at Memphis International airport in Memphis, TN. The flight from Amsterdam has been 10 1/2 hours long. Before that, we flew from Dubai to Amsterdam and that flight was 7 1/2 hours long. Next, we will fly from Memphis to St. Louis. That is a short flight- only one hour and ten minutes. I have never been to Memphis before. I am looking forward to seeing the airport there. I hear it is new and beautiful. Love, tired F.S. PS. We have been awake and flying now for over 30 hours.


Where Flat Stanley will end up next we can't be sure. We do know that wherever it is he will have a great time meeting new people and learning about them as well!

Pictures will be posted shortly so check back!

No comments: