Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Let's have the truth!

Ok, it's time for the truth. While Lasik I'm sure will be one of the best choices I've ever made, the healing process is NOT instant. So many told me...I saw perfect the next day. And while I have moments of very clear sight, I just wonder if it's like childbirth and the healing was forgotten by all those that talk of it's wonderfulness.
Not that it's painful, as it isn't. Instead it is frustrating. At moments you see clearly, then like now, it becomes hard to see the computer. It's like looking through a swimming pool. I know it takes time, it is after all major surgery not just a quick thing. I think we forget that it isn't just a quick fix because it goes fast and you do see overall better right away. Just the same it's frustrating at first.
I'm trying to work and get some things done, but small reading details are hard right now as my eyes adjust. I've called and they say that is very normal, just the same it's a bit weird, and makes you question if it will get better.
So...if you are out there and hand this done, please fess up...Was it perfect immediately or did it take the healing time of the 3-6 weeks to really be perfect. I wouldn't discourage others from having it done because of that, but maybe being ready to really take the time to heal and get ready for the frustration mode would be helpful to some. Especially since it might help you to realize that nothing is wrong, it's just in healing mode.

No comments: