Monday, March 7, 2011

Book #3 Made to Crave

I've been doing an online Bible study called Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst. It's a really good book that has given me some valuable insight into eating better, and why I should even bother. The bible tells us that everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. 1 Corinthians 10:23. Yes, I can have fries, and a burger and a pop. Will it fuel my body and help me to run the race that life has in front of me. Maybe briefly. But there are better choices that will fuel my body for longer. It doesn't mean I can't ever eat those things, but for my life I need to avoid them as much as possible.
We spend so much time thinking about "have to" I have to do this, I have to do that. That sometimes we've missed out on the want to. Want to's don't have to be selfish. I want to take care of my family and create a smoothly run home. I want to have less stress so that my family does not feel as stressed. Those are good want tos that will find me making sacrifices such as doing laundry a little everyday, or reorganizing the cupboard or getting up early to make things run more smoothly. Having a want to attitude can help change how we focus on food and exercise as well. I want to get in better shape so I'm going to sacrifice time I could be watching tv to walk or run on the treadmill. I'm going to sacrifice time to make myself lunch instead of run though the drivethru. It's not always an easy choice, but the more the have to changes to a want to the more driven I am to do what I should.
If you're looking for a Bible study that will draw you closer to God and help motivate you to eat healthier this is a good one to look into.

No comments: