Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

Welcome to 2014, the year that will be different.  Isn't that what we all think, or even say at this time of year. This year will be different. This year I will....fill in the blank, and make a difference.  I've done it too, I have ideas of what I want to get done this year, areas I want to improve. Five days in and I find myself wondering, will this year be different?

If I had to pick a statement for this year it would probably be "stay focused, without making myself crazy" Guess that's pretty broad, so what do I mean?  I'm very much into organizing, and making everything look good.  I'm a list maker, and find that I stay focused better when I have a list, but sometimes I get so focused on the list that I get overwhelmed with getting stuff done.  This year I want to remember there is always stuff to do, but a few steps in the right direction are far better than no steps.  The list, the jobs they will always be there.  Making a little progress and then taking a break to enjoy those around you are far more important that digging in and getting it done and having no one to enjoy it with.  That's the goal.  Which is why this year I also want to have Sunday's be a day of rest for all of us.  We can worship in the morning with our church family and in the evening with our small group church family, and in the middle relax.  Sometimes that won't happen, sports and other commitments may come up, but overall that's the goal.

I want this year to be a year of improved health too.  More water, less pop. More eating at home, less eating out and of course more physical activity.  We all can improve in that way.  I know ultimately weight loss is on my list too, but in the past when I've succeeded it's been by focusing on changing a lifestyle and not as much on the loss it now attitude. 

I have a list, in my mind and some things on paper too.  I'm ready to take on 2014 and see what God has in store for me this year.  My focus is on following His lead, and moving forward.

Happy New Year!  Bring it on!

No comments: