Sunday, April 15, 2007

Getting Started

Like all things it takes a first step to get started. It seems the age we live in is a computer world, including the whole realm of blogging. I guess it's time to take that step too. Just the other day I was discussing the fact that students today tend to not go to the library to do research they jump on line, we rarely ever look up phone numbers in a paper formatted phone book. Life revolves around the computer. I guess that's not entirely a bad thing, just funny to think that there was a time when we didn't have a home computer and now we actually have 3 in the house most of the time and 4 if my husband has brought his laptop home from work.
So, here I am in the blog mode myself. It's not too often I get the chance to just write about what is going on. Welcome to the year 2007!

So what is life like for me? To be honest it moves a little faster than I want it to some of the time. Ok, most of the time. But with a 7 and 4 year old I'm sure it's not moving as fast as it will in the future. I work from home which is awesome. I schedule work around what I have going on. I even get to say I need to "work" and then proceed to spend a few hours recording our families memories in my albums. Can't beat that for a job! I also get to find out the history of the people I work with all the time by listening to the stories they tell through their albums. I love finding out about people. Where they've been, what they do and what they are dreaming of doing. I guess that's why my job fits me so well.

I guess that's where blogging fits in too. As a history of life as I know it in 2007 and beyond. (somewhere in there I can hear Buzz Lightyear yelling "to infinity and beyond"...ok the kids have only watched that movie a million times!)

So we'll see where this adventure goes. After all, to quote the Creative Memories slogan this is about my life/my story/my way.

For more information on Creative Memories visit me on the web at www.mycmsite.com/kropwithkathy The world of photo preservation has never been so exciting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world honey!

T / Kitty said...

Welcome to the world of lotus-wives blogs Kath! I update it faaaaaaar less often than I should, but I'm over at www.mrselsmore.com

Have fun.