Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Grey Skies are???? gonna clear up?

I've lived in the Cleveland Ohio area almost my entire life. I've seen seasons come and go. Mainly, I've seen seasons change. In fact as even my 4 year old can tell you the seasons are winter, spring, summer and fall. So, with that in mind I'd like to ask if this is winting, or spinter, because it still somewhat resembles winter although the flowers have pushed up so it must also be spring.
I don't usually like to complain about the weather. I know that God has the ultimate plan and that He knows what is best for the earth. Unfortunately, waking up to a beautiful sunny morning, which lasted only for an hour, wears on me after awhile. The grey skies just keep rolling back in. I know...grey skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face. So, I'm working on it. Good news is, a friend who lives a few states over had beautiful weather a day ago...maybe it's on the way!

So onto other things. Like hockey. Good topic. My poor son apparently threw his body into a play tonight as his team was demolished 7-0. It's only mite hockey so they are just learning but bless the little boy he's trying so hard. It's all he wants to do. In fact I probably should start training now because come summer while Daddy is at work, I have a feeling I'll be in the driveway with roller blades on, stick in hand getting demolished myself. Oh, well it's for the kids, it will be fun. They better not laugh. Better get on out there. (why is it I can quote Veggie Tales but can't remember what day of the week it is half of the time).
Anyway, he skated down a kid on a breakaway and threw himself at the puck. Then of course the kid, who was bigger then him fell on him. Did I mention he wears #19? Talk about someone who sacrificed his body for the game. Stevie Y is still our son's first choice to be like. We just had to choose possible hockey numbers for next year. His choice 19, for Steve Yzerman, or 5 for Nicholas Lidstrom, or finally with a little bit of help from me 14 for Shannahan. The kid certainly has good taste in hockey favorites.
Well, since it's getting late I best stop rambling. Seems I was up until almost 1 last night in support of the Red Wings. On the very, super, incredible remote chance that anyone remotely associated with the Wings reads this...tomorrow night guys we're staying up late to support you again so keep playing hard the victory is out there to be had. Oh, and tell Langer to SHOOT THE PUCK!!!! Yes, I realize that he is a good player, he just seems to have forgotten part of the phrase. He has pass down but to quote Miracle the rest of it goes "pass, shoot, score!" Other then that boys keep up the good work!

I guess that about does it for now.

No comments: