Saturday, May 12, 2007

The buisness woman

I am more and more coming to realize how great it is to work in my own home based business. Life gets busy, and that's not to say that I can stop working or thinking about my business, but having a career designed around me being home has allowed me to work at my own pace and when I need to. Sometimes that means working during the day while kids are at school, sometimes that means fitting training and calls in while traveling, regardless it's a pace that I can set and that is the best thing in the world with any job.
Creative Memories is such an amazing company to work for. The training is incredible, so much is out there for CM consultants to train on that I have to pick and choose as to what to study and learn more about. Not only that but Creative Memories likes to reward their consultants in so many ways. This is the 20th anniversary and they are doing an awesome job of letting us know that they appreciate what we mean to the business.
Probably one of the things that has meant the most to me is hearing Dr James Dobson talking to co founder Rhonda Anderson this spring and discussing how Creative Memories is a ministry. How true! Our job is to encourage others to tell their families story so that it will not be lost. Just as God has called us to do from Old Testament times to now. Telling our story, sharing our faith, and moving this passion forward to new generations. That will not always mean that we will be doing traditional albums, but that has not stopped the Creative Memories mission. Instead Creative Memories has embraced the future and stepped forward in meeting the demands that technology has put on the story teller to find new ways to share their memories.
I love working for a company that believes in what I do and wants me to know that they believe in what I am doing too.
One step, one story at a time until each one is told. So, off to spend some time on my own family's album, as my gift to them and the generations that will follow.

No comments: