Thursday, May 24, 2007

Day One of Summer Vacation

Well summer has officially come to our house as Katie is now on summer vacation until Kindergarten starts in the fall. She of course is having a hard time with the concept of playing by herself! We're definitely going to be working on that more over this summer. Our next activity for the day is playing dog shop. I guess she is apparently a dog that I have to buy at the store. We'll see how that goes. I've discovered the trick to avoid the complaining is to rotate between doing a job that needs done and playing with her. It works most of the time. After all we got the grocery shopping done, and groceries put away. I even convinced her that our last play time should be exercising with the balance ball. She seemed to have fun. They grow up so fast it's hard to not just let everything go and spend all day playing with her. Finding the balance is the key...I guess it's time to go pick out a dog. I wonder what she would say if I pick out the real dog we already have as part of the game!

No comments: