Saturday, January 19, 2008

How hard can it be?

I believe I am fairly computer savvy. I check email, a lot, obviously I blog, and I shop online so HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO ORDER PIZZA????

I just spent the last 40 minutes trying to find the best deal. After all the kids only want cheese and I thought other toppings might be nice. Then we decided a dessert to go with it would be fun. With Phil enjoying Lotusphere, why not. Finally settled on domino's. Of course, to order on line you have to register, and have to use a password with 6 characters, 1 of which has to be a numeral. Ok, made it past that, added the online computer coupon, selected what I wanted on what side of the pizza, and I'm off and running. Finished ordering and then was asked if I would like to track my pizza?

Track the pizza??? Is that necessary? Isn't the teenager working at Domino's tonight going to read the screen with my order, slap it together and send it over? Do I really need to track it. Man I feel old, what happened to opening up the phone book to pizza. Picking the one you felt like having, calling the number and having it show up at your door. While waiting for it of course you frantically had to search the house for cash to pay for it, or better yet find the checkbook.

Ok, it's a lot harder then it used to be, but in the name of modern conveniences my pizza might be in the cooking stage?!, Don't know the pizza tracker page is currently not refreshing!

Next time, we'll be prepared!

No comments: