Monday, April 18, 2016

Did you blink too?

Wow! Did that weekend fly by.  We were out of town celebrating my Mother-in-Law's 80th birthday, so needless to say I did not get a chance to use my "catch up" on my Martha challenges days, Saturday time slot.

Don't know if this will help motivate you or not, but...I still need to wipe out my fridge (doing tomorrow as it's garbage day) go through my pantry (again garbage day's tomorrow!!). Wipe down my cabinet doors, and mop and clean the microwave.  My bathroom's are clean for the most part which is a wonderful thing, yet I still need to go through the cabinets. Put that on my list for Wednesday, which is my day off!!

In reading chapter/day  6 I come to realize I need to overcome the curse which for me is complaining about the work and being to tired to do the work.  I'm trying to really focus on my attitude and be thankful for the things I get to do to take care of my family, and ultimately thankful that I have the ability and in many cases the finances to be able to take care of them.  Loading and emptying the dishwasher can be annoying, but we are blessed that we have a dishwasher to empty and enough dishes that I don't have to run it everyday.  I need to turn my attitude towards gratefulness more often to help me keep my focus on what really matters!

Post is short today as it's a sunny 80* day in Ohio...not wasting that by sitting around at my computer for too long!

Keep plugging away, and reading!

No comments: