Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Making dinner can actually be dangerous!

Today's post won't be very long as it's hurting to type. I had a little accident involving my thumb and a kitchen utensil last night.  Cooking really isn't always good for your health! (just kidding...mostly!)

Here we are on Day 8!!  Today is actually my day off so I managed to get caught up on few, not involving water, activities like straightening the pantry, fridge and freezer as well as all bathroom cupboards. I'm slowly catching up which feels great!

Yesterday was about discovering your cleaning style and I think the author summed it up perfectly when she said on page 64, "I do think we nee to identify our style and go with it, because taking tips from others is helpful and good, but trying to be like others is damaging and demeaning." So true.  We all have things that work well for us, and sharing those tips may help others, but we don't need to try it that way just because so and so does it that way.  Find what works for you and do it!

Along those lines I've found that dusting the house and vacuuming from top to bottom works well for me.  Unless I"m doing a deep cleaning it also doesn't take long because I do keep things fairly tidy. Just the same I like to get that done once a week, usually on Friday or Saturday before we host our small group bible study on Sunday night. With that in mind I'm skipping the Day 7 Martha challenge because I will be dusting on Saturday and everything is currently picked up.

Day 8 is about making your style work for you. Like I mentioned early I like getting it all done in one day.  Sometimes with music sometimes without. It's a mood thing!

Keep plugging away, thumb is throbbing so typing needs to stop! UGH!!

No comments: