Friday, May 16, 2008

Feeling Sick?

It has been a crazy week. I know everyone has their own busy lives and things going on all the time. I'm not alone in that, and yes I also know that we tend to do that to ourselves by filling up the calendar. This week though has just made me feel SICK!

First, it started with a hideous game on Saturday for my son's hockey team. You can read about that on a previous post. Than Mother's Day came and went. Now I'm all for spending time with family, but it would be so nice someday to have a holiday/celebration with just our family. It's certainly not that I wouldn't like to see family on the special day, but it's hard when we've never had a Christmas morning or any other special holiday morning to ourselves. Ok, I'm whining, sorry it's my blog!

Then the school week started. Now it's Staff Appreciation week up at our school, and while I don't have a role in it really, I've still been involved taking pictures, delivering drinks, and baking for it.

Of course the highlight of our week was suppose to be Wednesday...our youngest 6th birthday. I believe she still had a nice day, but what started out fun for me turned into craziness with Zach needing to go to the Dr. So between breakfast and lunch I ran to the pediatricians, came home long enough to get picture cards basically done for the school, ran up to take Katie to lunch, home to check on Zach and then back to school to pick up Katie. By then Zach felt better which was good. We finished celebrating her birthday with dinner out. At which she started to not feel good. Got everyone put to bed, and sat down to relax and watch the Wings play.

Talk about feeling sick! I know I need new glasses but obviously the Refs need to get them first! I can see the goal in the first game being contested for Homer being in the crease but HELLO OUT THERE! This time he was CLEARLY not in the crease. But ok, fine if Dallas needs to win a game on bad calls and called off goals they can have it. The series still belongs to us. And while on the subject Brian Engbloom needs to get a life! Firsts he is all supportive of the Wings, when they are up 3-0, but the SECOND they have a goal called against them, he jumps sides. You Brian are a commentator, suppose to report the story and not be a one sided anyone but the Wings person. So GET A LIFE!

So, now it's Friday. Finally, all are off to school as they both were home sick yesterday and life is onto the next rush of getting ready for a birthday party and then my National Scrapbook Day Event.

Ahh...time for a nap, maybe in a few years.

At least, cough, cough, sneeze...I'm only feeling partially sick. Nothing a good game on Saturday can't cure!

No comments: