Monday, May 5, 2008

Taking a Break

The way this society is, we feel like we need to constantly work. There is always something to do, and always something waiting to do when the first thing is done. It is simply hard to relax. It doesn't matter whether you work full time, work from home or don't work. There is just to much to do.

We need to stop and give ourselves permission TO RELAX! I'm as guilty as anyone. The crazy thing is I work from home, part time. But still feel that I'm constantly working. The only time I really do manage to stop is at 9 or after when we sit down for an hour or so to unwind before going to bed. So, what can I do to stop that?

The biggest key for me is to take time to do something fun, in between all the work stuff. Put the laundry in, clean the bathrooms, make up menus and grocery lists and then actually work on my albums for a few minutes. GO outside and enjoy the day. It is too easy to stop in front of my computer and work all day long. Regardless of whether I sit at the computer all day or not, there will still be work to do on it later, so TODAY I'm going to take a few breaks and enjoy the fact that I am working from home Part Time and that I can enjoy life to the fullest!

No comments: