Sunday, May 4, 2008

Time with the Kids

It's hard to get things done some days. Maybe because we get so focused on the getting stuff done instead of the people we need to spend time with. This weekend has been no exception.
I decided to get back to blogging everyday, or at least attempting to do so BUT, then Friday came along.

Usually, I've found that working on my blog, or checking email or those kinds of activities work best right after the kids get on the bus for school. Friday though I drove the kids up to school so I could go on a field trip with my daughters class.

If I had to choose whether to blog or go on the field trip... the choice is obvious, the field trip. We headed off to Lake Farm Park in Kirkland, Ohio for a fun day of exploring life on a farm. We saw many animals, and the kids got to milk the cow. It was fun, and luckily we were able to avoid the majority of the rain. It was a good thing because by the evening the rain really was coming down.

So that took Friday, well that and teaching scrapbooking at Le Chaperone Rouse. Then Saturday came along. We had such a mess in the kids rooms from this past winter of being too busy to take care of it. So we spent the day attending Zach's hockey game and then off to the grand clean up. It took most of the day to sort and straighten. Truth is I really need to go back in their rooms now that they are reorganized and pull out the things that they are really done with. After working on rooms we made our own pizza and watched a movie together.

Yes there are still a lot of things that need to get done, but there always will be...the kids won't always be little enough to snuggle with to watch a movie or make pizza. SO, I think the choice was the right one.

No comments: