Monday, January 4, 2010

Time to Get Organized...AGAIN!

People who know me would say that I am one of the most organized people they know. I keep things neat in the house (or at least the parts of the house they can see), and I'm always jotting down a note or writing things in my calendar but...

If truth be told, I don't think I'm very organized. So, here I go again as it is 2010 and start to reclaim my spaces. Today's project the dreaded linen cabinet, and 1 of my daughters dresser drawers. More then one of her drawers and I'd have to be committed to a mental institution. Also, going to tackle the holiday decoration drawers in the attic. Off to a good start so far. Went through the towels this morning, and realized that nothing in our bathroom decor matches forest green anymore so bye bye towels. They will find a good home with the next group that calls me offering to pick up household items. This afternoon it's on to the sheets. Guess my almost 10 year old is probably past using the little truck sheets that are still in the cabinet. Will have to ask him about those after school.

The other goal when it comes to dealing with this mess is to clean up one before starting the next. I tend to start something and that reminds me I needed to do something else. This year it's one thing at a time, guess I better go move the towels to the dryer, oh I mean pick up this Christmas decoration and put it in the pile to go away, or check my email, wait the bathroom needs cleaned...oh yeah I was headed for the dryer. Don't laugh, it happens to you to I bet!

No comments: