Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Why is it??

Why is it that putting Christmas Decorations away is so depressing? Could it be beacause...when you put them up your so excited about the season, the Christmas music is playing everyone is helping out. Then comes the time when you decide it's January and time to put them away. No one is around, the music isn't playing and you realize that for a month you haven't dusted the dresser where the tree has been or around the nativity on top of the piano, so now on top of putting away the decorations you need to clean!

I've been working on it since 9:45 this morning. First had to dig the boxes out of the attic as I forgot to ask Phil to do that last night, then finish gathering it all up. This year I decided to weed some stuff out as I was putting it away, so now the one side of my laundry sink tub is filled with stuff to get rid of. (add that to the list) Finally, I got started. Finished my room, but realized I needed to rearrange a few things on the dresser and also that the room really needs dusted. Decided to let that go so I can get the rest of the decorations away. It is now 1:20, need to be ready to get dinner together in an hour, and head up to school for the Brownie meeting today. So the real question is, with one hour left can I take down 2 trees, get out of the grubby clothes, put dinner together and get up to school.

Why is it that sometimes being a Mom takes super hero strength??? If I had one super power I think I'd want it to be the ability to freeze time!

No comments: