Monday, September 19, 2011

Homemakers Challenge Day 13 Fighting Fatigue...well HELLO?!?!? (31 Days to Clean)

Seriously, Day 13 Fighting Fatigue? It is a grey and gloomy day here in Northeast Ohio where we have entered the gloomy zone. That would be the zone between the end of September and beginning of May when we often go stretches without seeing the sun. Sometimes this really, ok a LOT of times this really, affects me, especially at the beginning of the season of gloom. I need natural light and therefore I don't adjust well for awhile to not having it. So, add that into the fact that this weekend I went to bed at 12:30 or after every night, and due to other obligations played the part of single parent all weekend, so today I'm feeling extremely fatigued. God in His great wisdom did not have a sub job come my way this morning so I was able to meet my best friend for a mocha, conversation and prayer. As I was waiting for her to arrive I thought I'd read today's Homemakers Challenge and BAM the topic as you can tell smacked me in the face.

YES I wanted to yell, simply by reading the title alone I am fighting fatigue. YES I know I am not alone, but why are so many of us continually fighting it. The answer? We don't ask God for help. We seek Him in the big things, health issues, financial struggles but we think we can handle the daily stuff. The laundry that is piled up again, 2 loads to fold myself right now, the dishes that seem to never get done the things that weigh us down.

He tells us "come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I WILL give you rest" Matthew 11:28-30 I personally don't see anywhere in the scriptures where it says we can't be heaven laden with taking simply by taking care of the things in life. In fact I know it says to consider it pure joy when we face trials of any kind, not IF we face trials, which means WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TRIALS! The problem is, we, in our human nature, put everything on a scale. Person A is dealing with health issues, that's not as bad as me dealing with being over committed so I should just suck it up and deal with it. NO, I should go to God and ask for His guidance to deal with my issues too. Yes, for us over committed types we are going to have to learn from Him that we can say No (practice it now...NNNNOOOO) We are going to need to seek Him to prioritize our days and to truly become the givers of life to our homes that he wants us to be.

We need to lay our lives at His feet, daily, hourly, moment to moment. We are told to pray without ceasing, which I believe means to be in continual communication with God. Thanking Him for the time with my girlfriend, and the mocha (which he allowed someone to create, that helps with the tired feeling too!), but also thanking Him that when there when there is the time in the day to spend with her and have a mocha and when there is NO time in the day period, He is still there.

In 31 Days to clean she gives some helpful hints for fighting fatigue, have a snack, get moving, get the rest you need but not too much, and indulge in caffeine! (love that one) I would add drink water. Read at the dentist once that as Americans we are often dehydrated which can lead to feeling tired.

Mary Challenge: try some of the suggestions for a week. ( I can live with that) and see how you feel.

Martha Challenge: steam clean the carpets in your Living Room. Adding that one to the sometime this fall list : )

No comments: