Thursday, September 8, 2011

Homemakers Challenge Day 6 (31 Days to Clean)

Six simple steps that's all you need six simple steps then you'll succeed! Sorry but the Agent Oso song 3 Simple Steps is running through my head this morning as I read today's message. You Tube it, I guarantee you'll start singing it too. Regardless, today's message on the Six List is so true. I love lists, can't really live without them. In fact when I'm on vacation and haven't made a list in awhile I get kind of crazy. I to, like the example in the challenge today put things for me on my my list otherwise, honestly it would never get done. I used to make huge lists, and go through the day like a crazy person trying to get it all done and then the guilt when I didn't get it done was insane. Then I read somewhere that you really can't be expected to accomplish more then 10 things a day. Obviously, the size of those items can make the list of things to be accomplished go up and down, and some days it's more then 10 and others it's way less. Generally, though 10 is a good rule, which makes 6 and even better rule!
We put so much pressure on ourselves to get things done. While some pressure is good too much makes us crazy people. I started using Wunderlist.com. It's a list system that I can use on my phone and also quickly type up from a computer and then access it on my phone. I have lists for all the things I'm involved in...PTA, Hockey Board, Creative Memories, Home Life etc. I also keep a list for each day of the week and the chores that should be accomplished that day. It sounds confusing but it really isn't. At the end of the day I add no more then 10 (now it will be 6) things to the list for tomorrow. The next morning I have my new "today" list ready to go. I also give myself permission to move something from today to tomorrow if it isn't going to get done. There is such freedom in the list.
I don't know that I will write it on the Six List paper, but I certainly will keep doing what I'm doing, because it makes me less crazy and the important things get done each day. Ok, most days.

Off to do today's Martha Challenge and clean out the kitchen cabinets. Also a good time to listen to my chronological bible on YouVersion Bible App. Multitasking is awesome!

No comments: