Friday, September 14, 2007

Staying In Shape

Went to the gym this morning, didn't want to. It felt good once I got there, but really its a hard thing to get back into a program of taking the time to work out. I'm not aiming to be to be the next super model, it wouldn't happen anyway. I just want to feel better, and be healthier so I went. Part of my problem is I think that at my age, sorry not going to reveal that, is it too late to really get started.

Now I'm home and trying to get through the email in box and get other things accomplished. Phil, the incredible husband that he is, (hi honey! since I know you read this!) emailed me photos of the Detroit Red Wings headed off to training camp. He knows how much I enjoy the personal side of hockey and not just the game. I still on occasion wonder if Kris Draper ever pushed the seat of the exersaucer down, but that's another story completely. Anyway, here I am at the age I am trying to decide if it is worth it at this age. When low and behold Chris Chelios http://www.behindthejersey.com/2007/09/12/chelios-packs-mountain-bike/ is loading a mountain bike into the bus to head to training camp. I realize he's been working out probably since he was 2 but it's at least a bit of inspiration for me that I'm not too old to get with the program. He is a LOT older then me though for anyone trying to figure that out.

Way to go Chris! Happy riding. A weekend trip up to Traverse City sure sounds like fun.

Let's Go Wings!

No comments: