Friday, September 14, 2007

Time Savers

Time the element that I think most of us would like to be able to manipulate. To slow it down, or occasionally speed it up.

Time savers, that's more my style these days. How can I do what I want to do as quickly as I can. I spent a lot of time talking about Power Tools that Creative Memories offers recently. I still think my photos are in better shape due to them.

Today's project though is really making Memory Manager work for me. I love our digital software. I even thought I knew everything there was to know about it. Then BAM! I took a webinar class and found out even more. I work with an awesome company that is always offering free training so that I can really know about everything I represent. I love that.

Memory Manager is where I store all of our photos. I usually pull them in from my digital camera and then immediately put them in a folder labeled "to be printed" It's a method that works for me and allows me to then go through that folder and decide what other folders I want to store them in. What an amazing thing to be able to store them in multiple folders for quick and easy reference. Not only that I can search for pictures that are stored in multiple locations at once. So for instance let's say I want to find a photo of both of my kids at Disney World



I could search through the 700+ photos I took at Disney (we had just bought our first digital camera and went a little nuts!). Searching through all of those photos could take up a lot of time. Or, I could search for photos that are located in both my Z and K folder (where I keep all pictures with both kids) and my Disney trip folder. Instantly, I would be able to look through the pictures that only contain the two things I am looking for. How cool is that!
Now when I load in my pictures I quickly title them as the theme that they are taken of. Such as the home improvement ones I just posted are titled Game Room, or the one above titled Disney. It makes it so much easier to search for the pictures I want. I love this program! It makes it quick and easy, of course I still have to find the time to sit down at the computer and put the pictures on to my computer, but once there this is a real time saver!
Did I mention it also reminds you to back up your photos? Last year alone over 70% of photos taken were lost on computer because they were not backed up. Sometimes we just forget to take that step, so a program that every so often starts by reminding me to back up my pictures is perfect for me. Check out the free demo at www.mycmsite.com/kropwithkathy it will be time well spent!

No comments: