Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The List

Did you ever seem to notice that no matter what you get crossed off a list it somehow never stops growing. I was feeling pretty good this morning about what had gotten done this weekend. We managed to get some weeds pulled, the hostas and bushes trimmed and Phil even got the shed cleaned out. On my walk back to the house this morning I got to thinking, that the yard already is starting to need raked...add that to the list my mind said.
And that is just it, I'm always having to add stuff to the list. Dishes need done again, the dishwasher needs emptied and the laundry is going to need folded. So with the ever growing list how do we feel like we've gotten anywhere. I guess that's where the whole Eat that Frog concept comes in. If you have never heard of the book Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy, you probably are thinking that I'm crazy. But the concept is simple. Each day starts with a bunch of stuff you are never going to get completely finished. So instead of being overwhelmed by what you are not going to get done, you need to take the plunge, eat the frog so to speak and tackle the most important things.
The frogs around here today...laundry! It piles up when my in laws visit as they take over the laundry room with their luggage. The dishwasher, again an issue with having company for the weekend. Business wise, 10 calls to rebook events that somehow cancelled for this month, and finishing Augusts paperwork. Those are the 4 frogs for the day, we'll see what other toads pop up along the way.

Also, for anyone who happens to read this, my husband and a group of Computer guys are taking the challenge to be able to do 100 push ups by the end of the year a day. So...anyone interested in joining the female version of this we're going to be doing sit ups/crunches...started today with 30! Let me know if you want to join in the fun.

No comments: