Monday, September 22, 2008

Reading Frenzy

I posted recently how I am currently addicted to Karen Kingsbury books. http://karenkingsbury.com/ I've now read 26 of them. I'm hoping to read through everything she has written. Her stories just take you in and make you want to find out what is going to happen next to the characters.
In the 2 weeks I've read 5 books! (Once I start reading it's amazing how I can find a minute here and there to get a page or two in) This time I read through her Forever Faithful Series and the Women of Faith Series. Both were about families that learned by trusting God more amazing things could happen. The first book was Waiting for Morning. It is the story of a Mom's struggle to live again after her husband and oldest daughter are killed in a car accident. It takes you through her emotions and learning to forgive. The second book introduced a new set of characters and their journey of finding each other again after a moment of weakness that changed their lives. The final book of the series brings the main characters together as they continue their journey of faith and grow their families. They were very hard to put down. In fact, I'd love to see the characters in a story based on what happened 5 more years into their journey of life.

The Women of Faith series was about a couple dealing with struggles in their marriage and how they could overcome what was happening. It offered hope in the midst of trials and demonstrated a way to trust God for the outcome and to take Him at His word. It found me thinking about my marriage more and like the characters realizing again how true it is that God needs to be the center of that relationship.

The books are so wonderful, if you need a good book just check her stories out. If you are looking at the latest book launching tomorrow called Sunset I do suggest starting with the Redemption Series first. It is the first story of the Baxters. You'll want to read the Redemption Series, then the Firstborn Series and finally the Sunrise Series. Don't worry it really won't take long, you might want to take a few naps before you get started as you might end up staying up just to finish one more page!

No comments: