Monday, February 9, 2009

Facebook

Decided at the beginning of the year to see what the big deal about facebook was all about. Truth is I had mixed feelings going in. I know several people that absolutely love it, but also take a ton of time with it. Others who like reconnecting with people and have managed to limit their time on it.

I think that is truly the key. It is a cool thing to find out what people you haven't thought about in years are doing. It's fun to shoot a message to their wall, and maybe exchange a few stories. It's fun to see what others are doing when you read the updated status info. I can say it's been kind of neat to simply state " I'm working on Creative Memories albums" and know that now a whole group of people see I'm a consultant. It could be potentially good for business I would think. Yet, it can also be a HUGE time waster. It would be easy to sit on facebook for hours and play various games, search endlessly for lost friends, and join a million groups.

Just the same, if you can have self control and not spend time you need to be doing something else on it. I would say it's a good thing. It's a way to connect with people, share ideas, and network for work as well. I'm glad I'm on it. In fact, need to jump on it now to find out if things are still set with our babysitter tonight!

No comments: