Thursday, February 19, 2009

Preserving the Past

I've been thinking a lot about preserving the past lately. For Christmas I made albums for the both the kids featuring the 8x10's from birth until their current age as well as snapshots during that time. I also have been trying to go back and redo albums that are not in safe materials so they will be preserved as well. While this takes time and effort I have learned that it also helps me remember the good times, and why I feel the way I do about people, places and events.
It is stress relief in the simplest form. I don't need to leave the house, although large group crops are great. I just can focus for even as little as 15 minutes on a project and get a sense of accomplishment in it moving forward. I realize not everyone is a scrapbooker, but working with pictures is good for the soul regardless.

No comments: