Friday, August 24, 2007

The crown's come off

Thursday morning I drove my son and daughter up to the elementary school for the start of a new year. Apparently, the picture queen that I am, should have been aware that the proper prodical is to put your kid on the bus and then hurry and drive up to school so you can take pictures of them as they get off the bus. Funny, last year I simply stuck him on the bus, snapped a few photos and went home. I never thought about meeting him up at school. The only reason he even got a ride up to school this year was because his sister had her kindergarten testing shortly after school started. So, I guess I've been temporarily dethroned as the picture queen. Realisticly, the crown's going to have to stay off for a while I suppose. I'm planning on taking a ton of pictures on Monday at my daughter's Kindergarten Open House, but then on Tuesday I'm sticking her on the bus with her brother and going home to the quiet of my house with no children present for the first time in 7 years! I'll take a lot of pictures as she gets on the bus. I'll probably even cry a few tears realizing that my baby is now big enough to go to school all day. Then...I'll head home. While I'm looking forward to the time alone, I know in another week I'll be wondering why it's so quiet and missing them a great deal.

So, what to do while I miss them???? Well, for starters I'm actually going to go to the gym that I've been a member of with my family for the past 2 years. Come home and spend time working my business and finding more ways to help people celebrate their memories. I plan on finishing painting the soon to be hockey room, and maybe even get caught up on my magazines that are stacking up on my end table. Should make for an interesting week.

No comments: