Thursday, August 30, 2007

TIme Flies when you're busy working too!

What a day it has been. From the time I woke up this morning I've been busy getting things done, yet at the same time I'm not feeling rushed or stressed. It's kind of nice. Instead, I'm managing to feel like I can wrap up what I'm working on and not worry about it for the next few hours. The kids will be home soon, and there will be homework to do, a trip to Walmart and haircut that need to be taken care of, and then dinner and time to play before bed. But the sun is out, the sky is beautiful, and things are good.

Did I get everything done on my list? No, the dishwasher still needs emptied, the laundry folded. The painting project is still not finished. Yet, there is another day just around the corner. I used to roll my eyes (don't tell my daughter) when people would say enjoy them while they are young, they grow up so fast. I did enjoy the kids, but at the same time it seemed the next stage was always one to look forward too. Well the next stage has happened. Zach and Katie will spend the next several years in school the majority of the day. So... I'm punching out at 3:45 because when they get home, I want to be there for them to talk to and spend time with.

The jobs can happen between 8:30-3:45 but after that my time is Mommy time.

No comments: