Thursday, August 9, 2007

Memory Manager, beyond the post it note!

I love organizing things. I like the order of things, and knowing where everything is. Funny, I don't think my mother would have ever thought that I would like to get things organized. My idea of organization as a child was "let it land where it falls, I know where it is." Now things are different. I try to put things back where they go and have tried to teach the kids the same thing. Some days it works better then others.

When it comes to remembering things though I live in a to do list/post it note world. I keep track of a variety of things, but I truly do my best when I write it down. Plus I really enjoy crossing things off of the list. Memory Manager does that for me. I could spend hours sorting through pictures, and then resorting them for certain projects. Or, I could spend a few minutes going through my photos and referencing them in various folders for later use. I love it!

I have found that when I think of Memory Manager like a library, with all of the photos showing as I go through the door I can then wander the aisle and find just what I want. It's so quick, easy and completely organized. It even logs which photos have been printed, just in case I somehow forget what I've sent off to print. It also allows me to make notes for each picture so that I can always remember the story that they are telling.

The biggest hurdle with Memory Manager is getting it installed. It's not that it is hard to install it just takes a minute or two, but there is something about getting it and not taking it out of the box that can happen. Once it's installed it is so easy to load in photos, and other memorabilia and sort them into categories. I have also found having my photos organized in such a way has saved me money! That's right, if you have them all together, it is easier to pick the 4 or 5 best photos for a page and only print those. I can still find the other ones if I need them, since I know right where they are, but now I don't print them all.

It is one of the best tools I have ever used. Time to go organize those photos from Showcase.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I am using Memory Manger to organise kindergarten photos but need to export and load on the kinder's own computer...I can't find an option to export/import...any suggestions? Thank

Kathy Randolph said...

You have to use the clip board function to move the photos to a CD or other device to transfer them to the other computer. I would be happy to speak to you personally about it. Please contact me directly at kropwithkathy@yahoo.com and I can get in touch with you.