Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Soaking wet

About a week ago my neighbor was watching my kids. It was a hot sticky day and they were playing badmitten in the front yard. One of them noticed that the hose was laying out and went to pick it up and help her put it away when they accidently fired the water straight at my neighbor. Being that she was already hot from working in the garage she simply laughed and they spent the next several minutes getting soaking wet. She rang the bell to let me know she was returning the kids and there they all were dripping. I just laughed, and thanked her for watching them.

She actually called later to apologize and I told her that none was necessary. I see far too many people these days who are not willing to have fun, and I greatly appreciated that she was always up for playing and that my kids loved it! Of course I did mention that next time she should have one of them run back to the house so I can grab my camera.

Well, it's been a week or so since then, and it was another hot and sticky day. The kids didn't really want to play outside, but Zach thought it would be fun to move the play house to another part of the yard. With all of the rain we've gotten lately he wanted to wash it down first. So we moved the hose to the back yard and started the process of washing down the playhouse and all of the outdoor toys. And, oh yeah, each other. We all ended up laughing and dripping wet. What are summers for anyway? Only this time, I snuck into the kitchen and grabbed the camera!

No comments: