Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Presidency

I havent' had a chance to see any coverage on the inaugaration of President Obama today, but I did ask the kids if they were able to see any of it at school. Both confirmed that they did watch it. I'm glad they had the chance to witness that part of the Presidency. It is important. I pray that what they remember is that the President placed his hand on a bible and swore to uphold the law of the country and to serve well in the Presidency.
My kids know that I did not vote for Obama, and they know the reasons I chose not to. But they also know that this is who the country picked and that our job now is to pray for the President and respect his position. We might not always agree with his decisions, but we still need to respect the role he plays.
May God bless this country as it moves forward in 2009.

No comments: