Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Overstuffed?!

Have you ever noticed as Americans we are simply "overstuffed"! Not just in the weight aspect, although as a Nation we are that too. But just in terms of stuff. I spent last week going through my daughters "stuff" and weeding things out. I ended up giving 2 garbage bags of things away, things that she could maybe still use but certainly doesn't need. I'm starting my sons room today. But even looking around my office, I have an entire mug of pens, a stack of magazines, as well as other stuff.

Perhaps this is the year to become less about "stuff", from weight to items in the house it's time to trim back and get rid of it. We don't really need it and we can't take it with us when we go, so why keep dusting it off? With that in mind it's time to head upstairs with the three boxes...keep, throw out, and get it out of my house!

Wish me luck.

No comments: