Thursday, January 29, 2009

They really should have a gage!

Kids really should come with a gage. It could say "full" when they are babies and you aren't sure if they have gotten enough to eat, and "sick take to Dr", if they need antibiotics, or "sick, but they'll make it" when it's just a cold or something.
Today we're in the "sick, but really didn't need to go to the Dr mode". Of course I know that because we went to the Dr. Zach woke up not feeling good again today. He's said that off and on this week, and I've told him each time that since he doesn't have a fever I think he can make it. But today was different. He didn't feel well and when he climbed in bed with me this morning he slept for 45 more minutes. Not a normal thing. He felt warm, looked tired and said his throat and head and stomach hurt. Which for those of you who don't know is classic strep signs, even without the sore throat. So...what to do as he had 3 tests at school today.
Now I know it could be that he wanted to avoid the tests, but he felt ready for them so I was pretty sure that wasn't it. Called the dr, got him a 10:30 appointment, then called his teacher who understanding the situation asked if he could come and take his tests first thing in the morning. So that is what we did. Of course then we headed to the dr who says he has a very stuffy nose and probably due to the weather is feeling the other symptoms but it is not strep. Now, I don't really want my kids on antibiotics unless they need them, but as a Mom trying to determine if they should go to school or not I'd rather hear it is strep so we know what we are dealing with. Thus the reason...kids really need gages!

No comments: