Monday, January 12, 2009

Schedule Change

As we cling to our planners, blackberrys or other ways to control our schedule I hope we remember what's really important. I guess today is a good example of that. I started the day with my list of what I wanted to get accomplished. I still had it running in my head when my son said he didn't feel good. I know that with the furnace on so much a sore throat is not neccessarily a sign of being really sick so I encouraged him to go to school. Shortly after coming home from the grocery store I got the call.
It's easy to know it's the school as we only get the last 4 digits sent on our caller id. Sure enough he was not feeling good and I needed to go get him. So, do I get mad and throw my arms up and give up for the day. NO! Instead, I say a pray of thanks that I'm able to go get him, without much of a problem and bring him home to rest. True, I won't get everything I was planning to get done finished today, but I will show him that Mom is there for him, and hopefully get him better so he can go to school tomorrow. Afterall, that really is why I'm home during the day anyway.

No comments: